Gratitude Boosts Emotional and Physical Well-Being*
Studies show that regularly expressing gratitude helps to reduce stress, increase your energy levels, promote heart health and boosts your immune system My personal experience has been that expressions of gratitude promotes healing and health for both ourselves and others.
Some Proven Benefits of Gratitude
- “Gratitude heals, there is no doubt about it. It’s a powerful force and scientists have found that it literally alters the human heart and molecular structure of the brain. True, heartfelt gratitude is clearly felt in our bodies”.
- Positive psychology research found that gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness https://positivepsychology.com/gratitude-happiness-research/
- Gratitude helps people connect to something larger than themselves as individuals such as nature, others and/or a higher power.
- A 2015 study showed that the stress hormone, cortisol is 23 percent lower in grateful people and having a daily gratitude practice could actually reduce the effects of aging to the brain.
- Studies show that gratitude can improve relationships. This is crucial as Tony Robbins states: “The quality of your life is in direct proportion to the quality of your relationships.”